TOP 10 REASONS TO THINK LOCAL.
SHOP LOCAL. KEEP IT LOCAL
1. Your dollars spent in locally-owned businesses have 3 times the impact on your community as dollars spent at national chains.
2. You save money by shopping at home. You drive less, save time and you'd be surprised how often the retail prices are lower too.
3. The unique character of Osawatomie is what brought us here & keeps us here. Our tourism businesses also benefit.
4. Customer service is more personal.
5. Most new jobs are provided by locally-owned businesses. More business equals more jobs.
6. Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community's future.
7. You can grown a relationship with your local merchants. They can get to know you and cater to your preferences.
8. Dollars you spend locally support vital public services in your town & county.
9. Local business owners donate more to local charities than non-local owners.
10. Local stores help to sustain vibrant town centers which in turn are essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, and air & water pollution.